Well, I suppose it's time to start blogging. With friends and family all over the US I think it's the best way to keep everyone informed of all the fun and amazing adventures God has for our little family. I was inspired a long time ago to start one of these but never got around to it, and now the inspiration has hit me again forcing me to start.
This last year has become quite the adventure for John and I. With our wedding in late March we began a life long adventure that sure has been interesting in its first year. Since March we made one of the hardest decisions so far to move out of California. The decision to move away from everyone and everything I ever knew up to that point in my life wasn't easy, in fact it took God's hands to guide us thus far. We moved to John's home state of Arkansas but very early on realized it wasn't where we needed to be. While there my parents took advantage of some job opportunities set before them for the Mid-West themselves, landing them in Tulsa, OK. Within weeks of their move we joined them, which for us meant a two hour move to the west. Tulsa has become our home and through the grace of God we have come to know others here and make new friends. Its not always easy but with Gods help anything is possible =).
On December 3, 2008 we welcomed our first child into this world. I carried him for eight and a half months before he made his grand entrance. He weighed 7lbs 9 oz. He is now 13.5 lbs and almost 2 months old! They grow so fast! He is an absolute delight for us. Little Johnny sleeps through the night (most nights) with his 3 am feeding sometimes 4 am. He's such a happy baby! Spoiled rotten though. He is starting to cry when we both leave the room or his line of sight. We are going to have to nip that in the butt before it gets worse. Tough love is hard with a 2 month old, though I don't imagine it will become easier as he grows up. He is doing really we health wise, he smiles a lot and makes all the cute little noises you can think of. He's our little grunt, he grunts all the time lol.
Well, last night was our first ice storm out here in Oklahoma. Its freezing today. I signed for a UPS package at the front door and that's as far outside as I got today so far. The cars are all frozen shut and the grass is frozen but at least we didn't lose our power.
We have found an amazing church here in the Tulsa area, God is doing such wonderful things with the people in and around it. We have been able to touch so many lives and reach out and show the love of Christ through the church. Its wonderful to see and be able to be apart of. We have also joined a community group again this semester and we are making a lot of new friends, Sometimes you wonder how long it will take in a new place to find friends and sometimes you get discouraged when you go for months not really making any solid connections, but I've learned you have to throw yourself at the mercy of God and get yourself around the social circles and church is the best place to start! I'm thankful for all he has brought us through this past year and I'm looking forward to what God has in store for 2009. I know he has much to teach us and we have even more to learn.
I am going to try my hardest to keep updating you all with our adventures and pictures throughout the year and hopefully many more to come. Keep checking up on us!
In Christ's Love,
Carrie
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



hi johhnny and carrie this is johns aunt carolyn from kansas. i am cecils sister. linda gave me your site so i could see a picture of you all and the baby. he is so cute i know you all are so proud. im glad you have found a church and are making new friends its so important to raise a child up in the church and with God. will continue to watch your post and will send a package for the baby . take care and johnny dee says hi too. remember when we first meet you all and you where about 9 and you followed dee all over the place he still remembers that. lol
ReplyDelete